'Door to door'
Scarborough enjoys an unrivalled position as one of Britain’s premier coastal resorts yet also lies tantalising close to North Yorkshire’s rugged National Park.
On this holiday you can enjoy the golden beaches, superb parks and gardens and a wide range of leisure amenities which have given Scarborough its justifiable reputation, as well as the natural beauty and historical heritage of Yorkshire.
· North Yorkshire Moors
· Lovely Seaside Town of Whitby
· April & July: Visit to Burnby Hall Gardens & Pocklington
· October: Visit to Eden Camp & Malton
· All Dates: We make our way by coach over the North Yorkshire Moors to Whitby where the rest of the day is at leisure for you to explore this stunning seaside town with its ancient abbey.
· April & July: We enjoy a visit to Burnby Hall Gardens, described as “a jewel in Yorkshire’s crown” and often referred to as “a haven of beauty and tranquillity”. Home to a National Collection of 100 varieties of Hardy Water Lily, which offer a wonderful array of changing vistas. There is also a Rockery, Stumpery, Victorian Garden, Secret Garden, formal beds & natural shrubbery to explore. Following this visit we have time to explore the delightful market town of Pocklington, a unique town with a host of independent shops.
· October: We make our way to Eden Camp for our included visit. An award winning museum which will transport you back to wartime Britain to experience the sights, sounds and smells of those dangerous years. Set in the buildings & grounds of an original Prisoner of War Camp that held Italians and Germans, each constructed scene reveals the realities of day to day life on the Home Front and the Front Line. Following this visit we take time to explore Malton, a pretty Yorkshire market town, located on the north of the River Derwent and known as “Yorkshire’s Food Capital!”.
The Esplanade Hotel holds a commanding position above the cliffs overlooking Scarborough and the south bay. With fantastic views over the bay this large comfortable hotel, richly decorated and with unique charm and character abounds with genuine hospitality.
Behind the old-fashioned warm welcome you will find the advantages of a well-run modern hotel, comfortable, well-planned accommodation, excellent facilities and courteous efficient service from well trained staff.
It is this combination of old and new that makes our hotel so popular with many of our guests, returning year after year.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: