The Metropole Hotel, Llandrindod Wells
Located in the heart of Llandrindod Wells, this hotel has been owned by the same family for over 100 years. All of the bedrooms are decorated and furnished to a high standard, all are en-suite and are equipped with flat screen TV, telephone, trouser press, hairdryer, free wifi and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant; bar; spa facilities with indoor swimming pool, sauna & hot tub; garden & terrace. Lift.
- Admission to Abbey-Cwm-Hir Hall & Gardens
- The Red Kite Feeding Centre at Gigrin Farm
- One Packed Lunch
- Single Journey on the Vale of Rheidol Railway
- Beautiful Scenery
- Free Time in the seaside resort of Aberystwyth
- A visit to Brecon
- We make our way to Abbey-Cwm-Hir Hall & Gardens for our included visit. Within a setting of breathtaking beauty, history and romance, The Hall and its 12 acres overlook St. Mary’s church and the ruins of the 12th century Cistercian “Abbey of the Long Valley” containing the monk’s pond and the grave of Llewellyn the Last. The Hall at Abbey-Cwm-Hir is Grade II listed as one of Wales’ finest examples of Victorian Gothic Revival architecture. The present owners have spent 10 years restoring The Hall and their achievements have been featured on BBC Wales. Following this visit we make our way to The Red Kite Feeding Centre, at Gigrin Farm. A 200 acre family-run working farm famous for hundreds of Red Kites feeding there everyday. The hotel will provide you with a packed lunch for this day.
- We enjoy a scenic drive past the Elan Valley reservoirs to Devil’s Bridge, where we join the Vale of Rheidol narrow gauge steam railway for an unforgettable and nostalgic journey through some wonderful scenery to the Victorian seaside resort of Aberystwyth, also the home to the National Library of Wales. We spend some free time here before making our way back by coach to the hotel.
- We experience the beautiful and diverse scenery of the Brecon Beacons National Park as we make our way to Brecon, with its medieval cathedral and narrow streets full of craft & antique shops. Following some free time here we continue to Hay-on-Wye giving time to explore before returning to the hotel.
|Sun 04-Jun-2017||THE METROPOLE HOTEL||£369.00||5||£40.00||
<< Click here to show more dates for this tour