Mercure Barony Castle Hotel, Peebles
Originally built for the Murrays of Blackbarony and steeped in history, this imposing 16th century tower house has evolved in the modern, welcoming hotel of today. Set in 25 acres of stunning grounds which include the Yew Tree Walk and Lime Avenue. All of the en-suite bedrooms are equipped with TV, hairdryer and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel has an indoor heated pool. Lift.
- Entrance to the Royal Yacht Britannia
- Entrance to Abbotsford House & Gardens
- Entrance to Kailzie Gardens
- We make our way to the capital city of Edinburgh where our first stop is an included visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia, home to Her Majesty The Queen and Royal Family for over 40 years. Following this visit we continue in to the centre of the city for free time.
- We enjoy our journey to Melose, where the heart of Robert the Bruce is buried in Abbey Gardens. After spending some free time here we make the short journey to nearby Abbotsford, Sir Walter Scott’s home. The visitor centre takes from his birth in Edinburgh to his childhood in the borders and then his fame as a writer. We explore the house and gardens, which were fundamentally designed by Scott himself. On our way back to the hotel we make a stop at Kailzie Gardens in Peebles, with its pretty walled garden and greenhouses.
|Tue 29-Aug-2017||MERCURE BARONY CASTLE HOTEL||£289.00||4||£75.00||
- Single Bed
- Double Bed
- Twin beds
<< Click here to show more dates for this tour