Park Hotel, Montrose
The Park Hotel is located near the centre of this lovely seaside town and is within an easy walk to the beach. All of the comfortable en-suite bedrooms are equipped with TV, trouser press, direct dial telephone, free WiFi and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar, ballroom and garden lounge. Sorry No Lift, however, some ground floor bedrooms may be available.
- Brechin & Arbroath
- The “Granite” city of Aberdeen
- 1 hour Wildlife Cruise
- Glamis Castle & Gardens
- 1 Roulette Evening (no money needed!)
- 1 night of Live Entertainment
- We enjoy a morning free to discover the lovely seaside town of Montrose. The hotel is only a few minutes walk to the busy High Street and the beach. In the afternoon we enjoy a tour of Angus as first of all we call in at the city of Brechin, with its ancient Cathedral and 11th century tower. Brechin Museum houses a fascinating display of the City’s 2000 year history. Following some free time here we continue to the seaside resort of Arbroath, with its picturesque working harbour and home to the world famous Arbroath Smokie.
- We make our way to the “Granite” city of Aberdeen, Scotland’s third city, boasting beautiful architecture and cultural gems. We enjoy some time to explore the city before joining our covered cruiser from Aberdeen harbour. With a running commentary you will have the chance to see some of Scotland’s amazing wildlife up close in its natural habitat, such as dolphins, sharks, whales and wealth of seabirds. Following our cruise we re-join the coach and make our way back to the hotel along the scenic coastal road passing medieval Dunottar Castle.
- A visit to the finest castle in Scotland – Glamis. Enjoy the history, myths and legends dating back to 1372. Admire the castle’s stunning architecture and enjoy the surrounding beauty of the grounds & gardens. The castle is famed as being the childhood home of the Queen Mother and the setting for Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’. On our return to the hotel we make a stop in the rejuvenated city of Dundee, known as the City of Discovery. We then return along the coast road via the famous golf town of Carnoustie.
<< Click here to show more dates for this tour