Highlander Hotel, Newtonmore
- The Kyle Line ~ Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh
- West Highland Line ~ Fort William to Mallaig
- ‘Royal Scot’ Cruise on Loch Ness
- Strathspey Railway, Aviemore
- Cairngorm Mountains
- We make for Aviemore where we take a break before heading into the beautiful Glenmore Forest Park on our way to the Cairngorms. Here we have the opportunity, weather permitting, to take a ride on the fantastic Cairngorm Mountain Railway, taking us to the top in just 8 minutes. At the top admire the superb views. During the afternoon we enjoy a ride on the Strathspey Railway from Aviemore to Boat of Garten and Broomhill.
- We travel north into the Highland capital, Inverness where we join the Scotrail train for one of the Great Railway Journeys of the World – the line to Kyle of Lochalsh. The route takes us through some of the best scenery in the country, skirting lochs and passing remote villages. Following a break in Kyle of Lochalsh we enjoy the return ride, this time by coach, back to the hotel.
- We head south west along the shore of Loch Laggan and through Glen Spean to Fort William. Here we enjoy another train journey, this time of the celebrated West Highland Line to Mallaig. This spectacular line passes hidden lochs and inlets, silver sands and crosses the magnificent Glenfinnan viaduct on its way west. Once we reach Mallaig, a major fishing port, we have time to wander around the harbour and explore before catching our train for the return journey to Fort William, where we re-join our coach for the journey back to the hotel.
- We travel through unspoilt scenery past Loch Mhor and along Stratherrick to Fort Augustus. Whilst here we have some free time to explore before enjoying a cruise, with commentary, on Loch Ness on board ‘The Royal Scot’. Later we leave Fort Augustus and head north overlooking the loch towards Inverness before heading back to Newtonmore.
|Sun 27-Aug-2017||THE HIGHLANDER HOTEL||£459.00||6||£90.00||
<< Click here to show more dates for this tour