This 3 star awarded Victorian Hotel has lots of character and is situated amidst the splendour of the Cairngorm Mountains and the lushly wooded Strathspey. All of the bedrooms are en-suite and have television, hairdryer, direct dial telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers the Abernethy Restaurant, Bar & Lounge. There will also be some entertainment at the hotel during our stay and the hotel does have a lift.
- Admission to Culloden Battlefield & Visitor Centre
- The Village of Beauly
- Admission to Brodie Castle
- Seaside Resort of Nairn
- ‘Capital of The Highlands’ ~ Inverness
- We make our way to Culloden Battlefield & Visitor Centre for our included visit. It was here that the Jacobite army fought to reclaim the throne from the Hanoverians for a Stuart king. The British army was equally determined to stop this happening. Find out more about this short but bloody battle from the Exhibition, Battle immersion film, walk the Battlefield and appreciate the true scale of the battle from the roof top area. Following this visit we cross of the Beauly Firth and make our way to the pretty village of Beauly, situated alongside one of Scotland’s most renowned salmon fishing streams, the River Beauly.
- We enjoy the short journey which takes us to the charming town of Grantown-on-Spey, situated in the centre of The Highlands. A traditional Highland town on the River Spey and surrounded by ancient woodlands. Following some free time here we continue our journey to Brodie Castle, for our included visit. Explore the rooms; passageways and towers, all sensitively restored to show what everyday life was like for one of Scotland’s most ancient clans. The 71 hectare estate also has landscaped gardens, a large pond, walled garden, woodland walk and so much more to discover. We finish our day with a visit to the attractive seaside town of Nairn with its prime location on the Moray Firth. Here you can enjoy the sandy beaches, riverside walks and the promenade with its fantastic views over the Moray Firth.
- We enjoy a day visiting the ‘Capital of The Highlands’, Inverness with its rich variety of places to visit and things to do. The city boasts a host of historic buildings, notably in the Old Town, which you can appreciate while you browse city shops. Or maybe take a stroll to Inverness Castle, currently used as a courthouse or St. Andrews Cathedral, which dominates the River Ness in one of the most beautiful riverside settings in Britain.
|Mon 10-Jul-2017||THE NETHYBRIDGE HOTEL||£339.00||5||£80.00||
- Single Bed
- Double Bed
- Twin beds
<< Click here to show more dates for this tour