The Bulkeley Hotel, Beaumaris
Built as a Georgian showpiece in 1832, The Bulkeley Hotel is ideally situated within the heart of Beaumaris on the shores of the Menai Strait. All of the spacious en-suite bedrooms are equipped with TV, free WiFi, direct dial telephone, hairdryer and tea/coffee makers. The hotel offers a restaurant, garden, lounge, bar and coffee shop. Lift.
- Admission to the Italianate-Style Village of Portmeirion
- Llyn Peninsula
- Puffin Island Wildlife Cruise
- We enjoy a full day visit to Portmeirion, created by the architect Clough Williams-Ellis from 1925 to 1976. Portmeirion stands on a rugged clifftop on its own private peninsula overlooking Cardigan Bay. It is surrounded by 145 acres of sub-tropical woodlands and miles of sandy beaches. Following this visit we make our way back to Porthmadog, where we enjoy some free time before returning to Beaumaris.
- We enjoy a day exploring the Llyn Peninsula, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with a distinct identity as a bastion of Celtic history & heritage and stronghold of Welsh culture and language. During our day we make a stop at the bustling coastal town of Pwllheli. The town is full of character with its narrow streets, independent shops, boutiques, traditional pubs, cafes and restaurants as well as traditional Welsh ice-cream and seaside rock. After spending some free time here we continue our journey making our next stop in Abersoch, a popular village and seaside resort with a real mix of old and new, where we spend some free time before making our way back to the hotel.
- We enjoy a 75 minute cruise to Puffin Island, home to an abundance of wildlife: cormorants, shags, razorbills, fulmar and puffins. The island is also home to a colony of grey seals and you may be lucky in spotting some dolphins or porpoise. During our cruise you will also get a glimpse of Penmon lighthouse and the mountains of Snowdonia. The rest of the day will be at leisure to explore the delightful town of Beaumaris.
<< Click here to show more dates for this tour