'Door to door'
Friday 2nd March 2018
After being picked up from home and transferred to our coach we enjoy our outward journey making a stop at Sheffield Botanical Gardens. The gardens cover 19 acres and were first opened in 1836. The site has 15 different garden areas featuring collections of plants from all over the world, including Mediterranean, Asian, American prairie-style, woodland and rock-and-water plantings. The Gardens contain several listed buildings including the restored Grade II* listed curvilinear Glass Pavilions, some of the earliest ever built, which were officially re-opened by HRH The Prince of Wales on 1st September 2003.
Following our visit, we continue to Hull and on to Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel. Your accommodation at the hotel is as detailed on your Confirmation Invoice with Evening Meals and Breakfasts included.
Saturday 3rd March 2018
Following breakfast this morning, we depart on our excursion to the medieval market town of Beverley. This stunning town has beauty in abundance. With an awe-inspiring Minster, historical buildings, cobbled streets, and small-town charm, there’s something for everyone. Beverley has an up-market shopping experience amongst cobbled streets and charming courtyards and has many high street names. In addition, there is an interesting selection of smaller independent shops, an antique arcade and the Saturday market is delightful for a weekend browse.
Following free time here, we continue to Burton Agnes for the Orchid Festival. See magnificent displays of vibrantly coloured and gentle fragrant flowers. The Elizabethan Great Hall will be filled with some of nature’s most intriguing flowers. Visitors also have the opportunity to buy plants from the widest selection in the area together with other orchid related goods. After marvelling at the displays of orchids, why not wander in the woodland to catch the final displays of snowdrops.
In the late afternoon, we return to the hotel for dinner this evening.
Sunday 4th March 2018
Your driver will advise you of what time your case needs to be outside your room, ready for collection to be put on the coach.
Following breakfast, we leave Holiday Inn Hull Marina Hotel, Hull, and commence our journey home, making a stop at Hardwick Hall. It was the formidable ‘Bess of Hardwick’ who first created Hardwick in the 1500s. In the centuries since then her descendants, farmers, gardeners, builders, decorators, embroiderers and craftsmen of all kinds have contributed and made Hardwick their creation. This year Hardwick Hall will be looking at the lives of the women of Hardwick: the redoubtable Bess and her position of power in Elizabethan England to the impact of the suffrage movement on the people of Hardwick. Our ticket includes a visit to the house and gardens.
From here we continue making our journey home. Once we’ve arrived at your coach joining point, your taxi will be waiting to transport you to your home.
· A visit to Sheffield Botanical Gardens
· Orchid Festival at Burton Agnes
· Entrance to Hardwick Hall
· On the outward journey we visit Sheffield Botanical Gardens, covering 19 acres and were first opened in 1836. Following this visit we continue our journey to Hull and on to our hotel.
· Free time to explore the medieval market town of Beverley. The town is famous for its 13th century minster, market & music. Following free time here we continue to Burton Agnes for the orchid Festival. See magnificent displays of vibrantly coloured and gentle fragrant flowers. The Elizabethan Great Hall will be filled with some of nature’s most intriguing flowers. Visitors also have the opportunity to buy plants from the widest selection in the area together with other orchid related goods. After marvelling at the displays of orchids why not wander in the woodland to catch the final displays of snowdrops.
· A visit to Hardwick Hall, an Elizabethan masterpiece. Our ticket includes a visit to the house and gardens. From here we continue making our journey home.
Overlooking Hull Marina, this Holiday Inn is just 5 minutes’ walk from Hull’s bustling centre and The Deep aquarium. It offers spacious rooms and an indoor swimming pool along with on-site parking and WiFi.
With private bathrooms and video games, each room at Holiday Inn Hull Marina features a TV with satellite channels. There is also a stereo, hairdryer, and tea/coffee facilities in all rooms. Some feature excellent views of the marina.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: