'Door to door'
An award-winning resort where elegant Victorian villas, a bustling harbour and palm-fringed beaches give the Riviera its well-earned name.
· January, February, March & October ~ visits to Totnes & Dartmouth
· February, March & October ~ Dartmoor & Tavistock
· June, July & August ~ Kingswear Paddle Steamer; Totnes; Dawlish; Topsham; Dartmoor & Plymouth
· July & August ~ Guided Tour of Powderham Castle and visit to Exeter
Excursions for January, February, March & October Tours:
· We enjoy a visit to the captivating town of Totnes set on the picturesque River Dart. From here we continue to the beautiful town of Dartmouth with its ancient narrow streets, cobbled market place and home to the Britannia Royal Naval College.
· For the February, March & October Tours We include an excursion which takes us across Dartmoor to the ancient stannery town of Tavistock, where we spend some free time.
Excursions Included for the June, July & August Tours:
· We enjoy an excursion which takes us to Dartmouth where we enjoy some free time to explore before our 1 ¼ hour River Cruise on the Kingswear Paddle Steamer. On the return to the hotel we enjoy a stop in Totnes.
· An excursion which takes us to Dawlish where we enjoy free time before continuing to Topsham, where we get chance to explore.
· We enjoy a scenic excursion over stunning Dartmoor as we make our way to the thriving city of Plymouth, where we get chance to explore.
· On the 8 Day Tours: We include a visit to Powderham Castle, the family home of the Earl of Devon. Here we enjoy a guided tour of the castle and free time to explore the beautiful gardens & grounds. Following this visit we continue to Exeter, where we spend the afternoon.
This elegant Torquay hotel is situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Torquay on the English Riviera, sitting majestically on the headland looking out to sea. It is set in two acres of magnificent grounds and offers stunning views across Torbay with numerous coastal walks nearby.
With this in mind, it is hardly surprising that we are Torbay’s highest rated three star hotel.
This property is 6 minutes walk from the beach. Located less than 5 minutes’ walk from Torquay’s seafront, the Derwent Hotel offers family-friendly accommodation with a luxury spa, leisure complex and gym. Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, free Wi-Fi throughout and free parking all feature.
Bright and comfortable bedrooms all feature a private bathroom, TV, telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Most rooms have lift access.
You can enjoy buffet-style breakfasts including full English or continental choices. The Derwent offers contemporary dining in its restaurant, with table d'hôte evening meals, a salad bar and a hot buffet.
Leisure facilities include a sauna, steam room and hot tub and there is also a games area with 10-pin bowling, pool and ping-pong tables and a children’s playground. A daily activities programme includes snorkelling and aerobics. The Starlight Bar hosts vibrant evening entertainment, with a mix of cabaret and live acts.
Set a short walk from the attractive harbour and town centre, the Derwent is within 10-15 minutes’ walk of Torre and Torquay Railway Stations.
This beautifully fully renovated hotel, situated a stones throw from Torquay’s seafront offers a combination of elegant and comfortable accommodation, a fabulous casual fine dining experience, nightly entertainment and an overall place to unwind. Allow our Head Chef, Jamie Rogers and his team push your taste buds to new levels with his selection of innovative and flavoursome foods. After the purchase of the hotel in November 2015, the newly named Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa finished its £3 Million renovation and opened the doors to our first guests on the 14th of November 2016.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: