· On All Dates: An excursion which takes us to the seaside town of Woolacombe where we have chance to explore. With its’ 3 mile stretch of golden sands, great waves and stunning coastal footpath, Woolacombe really does have something for everyone! Families enjoy splashing about in the sea with body boards, building sand castles, playing beach games, exploring the rockpools for marine life, and indulging in icecreams, whilst others stroll along the dramatic coast path, bird watching and seal spotting or surfing the great waves that roll in from the Atlantic. The village itself is lively and offers a wide choice of cafes, pubs, restaurants and a range of shops selling groceries, gifts, clothing. In the afternoon we continue to Ilfracombe, a picturesque harbour town and home to Damien Hirst’s famous 20m high sculpture – Verity.
· On the February Tour: A half day excursion into Bideford.
· On the February Tour: We enjoy an excursion which takes us across Exmoor to the seaside town of Minehead, from beaches to the historic harbour, from shops to pleasure gardens, from golf to a ride on a steam train, we've a wide range of things to do in Minehead. It's a superb destination for all ages seeking a traditional seaside holiday or outdoor and active break.
· On the May & September Tours: We make our way to the delightful village of Hartland with its pottery, furniture makers, artists & craft shops. In the afternoon we make our way to Hartland Abbey & Gardens for our included visit to the House, Gardens & Grounds. Built in 1157 it became the last monastery in the country to be Dissolved by Henry VIII and is now a lived-in family home to the Stucley family.
· On the May & September Tours: We enjoy a visit to Dingles Fairground Heritage Centre, home to the National Fairground Collection, a unique facility in the UK, designed to capture the magic of a bygone age. We return to Bideford for some free time before heading back to the hotel.