'Door to door'
As part of this tour, we discover part of England’s smallest and arguably prettiest county, Rutland, with a visit to historic Stamford. We also call in at Barnsdale Garden, enjoy a trip on the Grand Union Canal, see the Foxton flight of 10 locks and take time to visit Sandringham House and Boughton House.
· Sandringham House & Gardens
· Barnsdale Gardens
· Historic Stamford
· Foxton Locks & Grand Union Canal Trip
· Boughton House
· Hotel Entertainment on one evening
· We pass Rutland Water as we head for historic Stamford, where we enjoy some free time. Take a walk around the town with its beautiful architecture, delightful shops and abundance of coffee shops & pubs. Following this visit we make our way to Barnsdale Gardens, familiar to many TV viewers as home of the late Geoff Hamilton and Gardeners World.
· We make our way to the little village of Foxton. Here we board ‘Vagabond’ an elegant vintage motor launch for our trip on the Grand Union Canal. We see the Foxton flight of 10 locks as we gently pass through the peaceful countryside. This afternoon we make our way to Boughton House. The house has been the home of the Montagus and their descendents since 1528 and is now the home of the 10th Duke of Buccleuch and his family.
· We head east to Kings Lynn, a medieval port situated on the River Great Ouse for a short stop. We then continue to Sandringham House for our included visit to the House & Grounds.
Centrally located just 2 miles from the centre of Corby, the Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel has free high-speed WiFi access, free parking, and a restaurant. Adjacent to Rockingham Castle, the hotel has easy access to the A14, A1, M1, and M6 motorways.
The en-suite rooms at the Best Western Rockingham Forest Hotel have a flat-screen satellite TV. Some rooms boast a modern 39-inch Freeview TV. Guests can enjoy a 24-hour room service.
On the ground floor, the stylish and contemporary One Restaurant and Bar offers a number of menus to choose from.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: