'Door to door'
With a variety of splendid scenery, contrasting countryside, historic towns, rugged coastlines, rolling hills and quaint northern villages this tour has it all! The ancient Kingdom of Northumbria offers some of the most striking unspoilt beauty in England.
· Holy Island, Lindisfarne
· Beautiful Bamburgh
· Coldstream, Kelso and Tweed Valley
· Ford & Etal
· Seahouses & Craster
· Historic Alnwick
· Woodhorn Museum & Country Park
· Kielder Water Cruise
· A Northumbrian Coast Tour as we head south through Seahouses to make a brief stop at Craster, home of the famous kippers. We continue our journey to visit Woodhorn, a superb development of a former colliery site into the Northumberland Museum & Country Park, featuring Coal Town and much more. In the afternoon we make our way back to the hotel making a short stop in Alnwick.
· We visit the villages of Ford & Etal, a vast rural estate with Visitor Centre, steam railway, castles, café, tea rooms and much more. Whilst here we include a visit to Lady Waterford Hall – the hall was a School until 1957, a ride on the Heatherslaw steam light railway and a visit to the Heatherslaw cornmill. Following this visit we head for the Scottish Borders region at Coldstream and continue along the Tweed Valley to Kelso, with its wide cobbled market square and gracious Georgian buildings, where we spend some free time.
· We head across the causeway to Holy Island and the mysterious Lindisfarne Castle (please note: the crossing of the causeway to Holy Island is governed by the tide times. It may be necessary to amend this excursion). We later return to Bamburgh for free time.
· We make our journey to the capital of Coquetdale, Rothbury, once a popular health resort. From here we continue through stunning countryside to Kielder Water, with its breathtaking views. Here we enjoy a cruise around the lake before heading back to the hotel.
Set on the delightful village green and overlooked by the magnificent Bamburgh Castle, the Victoria Hotel offers a high standard of accommodation and fine food served all day in our Bar & Brasserie, all within the peaceful Northumberland village of Bamburgh.
The hotel was recently awarded 3 stars by the AA, and received a Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: