'Door to door'
A lovely tour for this time of year taking in Durham city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the majestic Durham Cathedral; Beamish Living Museum where you can experience town life as it would have been in the 1940’s during World War II and as a contrast a visit to the traditional seaside town & bustling fishing port of Whitby.
· UNESCO World Heritage Site ~ Durham
· Entrance to Beamish – The Living Museum of the North
· Full Day to explore Whitby
· We enjoy a visit to Durham, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. While here why not experience one of the finest surviving examples of Romanesque architecture at the beautiful Durham Cathedral. While here you could visit the new Open Treasure experience which gives visitors access to previously hidden spaces within the cathedral’s Claustral buildings. (Attractions not included in the cost). Durham is a compact city to wander around and you can enjoy exploring its winding cobbled streets, dramatic architecture and fantastic visitor attractions.
· A full day to Beamish – The Living Museum of the North. This famous open-air museum is set within 300 acres of beautiful Durham countryside and tells the story of life in North East England during the 1820’s, 1900’s and 1940’s. Experience what town life would have been like during World War II, visit a 1940’s farm, pop into a Colliery and Pit Village or even ride the Beamish tram.
· We travel to the bustling fishing port of Whitby, where the famous Abbey, the inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula, stands guard, high above the town. Wander the narrow streets and maybe even sample some ‘proper’ fish & chips for lunch.
Set in a 17th-century country house in its own grounds, this elegant hotel is a mile from Darlington town centre and 3 miles from the Head of Steam rail museum. The refined rooms all include en suite bathrooms, and have flat-screen TVs and free WiFi, as well as tea and coffeemaking facilities. Upgraded rooms add 4-poster beds and/or lounge areas.There's a refined restaurant and a bar, plus a heated indoor pool, a gym and a sauna. Other amenities include a spa and a beauty salon
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: