'Door to door'
This exciting two-centre tour provides the perfect opportunity to explore the wonderful scenery of the west coast of Scotland, the delights of the east coast and so much more in between.
· Aberdeen Harbour Cruise
· Admission to Fyvie Castle
· Whisky Distillery Tour & Tasting
· Return Journey on Jacobite Steam Train
· Our coach transports us into the town centre of Aberdeen where we have time at leisure. During the afternoon we enjoy a short Aberdeen harbour cruise. On our return to the hotel we pass through the small fishing village of ‘Fittee’ and make a stop at Torry Battery viewpoint, where there is a good opportunity to see dolphins.
· We venture to Royal Deeside with visits to Banchory and the lovely resort village of Ballater. We then travel towards the Lecht before heading to Fyvie Castle for our included visit. An extraordinary Baronial fortress with lavish interiors and its own ghosts, legends and folklore.
· We depart Aberdeenshire, but not before a tour & tasting at the Glenlivet Distillery. We then continue our journey making a stop in Aviemore before continuing to The Alexandra Hotel, Fort William.
· The highlight of our tour will be our journey on the West Highland Railway’s Jacobite Steam Train, regarded as one of the most spectacular railway journeys in the world. The journey begins in the shadow of Ben Nevis at Fort William and winds its way across the countryside, over the famous Glenfinnan Viaduct to Mallaig, a busy fishing port. Here you can enjoy time at leisure before hopping back on board the train for the return journey.
· A full day to Oban, the picturesque fishing town known as the ‘Seafood Capital of Scotland’.
The Aberdeen Altens Hotel is 3 miles from the city centre and just 1 miles from the coast. The Altens has modern rooms with en suite bathrooms and boasts a sauna, spa and indoor pool.
Each room has a satellite TV, hairdryer and work desk. Wireless internet is available throughout the hotel and the Altens also provides free parking.
The restaurant serves traditional home-cooked favourites and modern European dishes. The Cairngorm Bar is more casual and serves drinks, snacks and light meals.
Part of the very fabric of Fort William, since 1876 The Alexandra Hotel provides traditional Scottish Hospitality at its best and located in the centre of Fort William is an ideal base from which to explore the Highlands and Islands.Relax by the warmth of the open fire in the lounge before enjoying your meal within our traditionally styled restaurant. All tastes are catered for by our excellent team of chefs with new choices on the table d’hote menu every night. This of course includes fresh seafood from local sources!Our bars are well stocked with fine Scottish malts whiskies and wines from around the world to compliment your meal. All bedrooms are warm and cosy - with en-suite facilities, colour television, tea/coffee facilities, radio and direct dial telephones, some with a view of the surrounding lochside and Ben Nevis. For your convenience there is a lift and ample free car parking on site.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: