'Door to door'
An award-winning resort where elegant Victorian villas, a bustling harbour and palm-fringed beaches give the Riviera its well-earned name.
Well renowned for being at the heart of the English Riviera, Torquay is a sophisticated and stylish resort with real continental flair.
The November tour has a Turkey & Tinsel Theme
Excursions Included for January, February, March, October & November Tours:
* We enjoy a visit to the captivating town of Totnes set on the picturesque River Dart. From here we continue to the beautiful town of Dartmouth with its ancient narrow streets, cobbled market place and home to the Britannia Royal Naval College.
* We enjoy some free time in the Regency town of Sidmouth, a lovely seaside town nestled beneath majestic red cliffs and the green hills of the Sid Valley.
Excursions Included for the April, July & September Tours:
* We make our way towards Budleigh Salterton where we enjoy a visit to the privately owned Bicton Park Botanical Gardens. Spanning nearly 300 years of horticultural history, these magnificent Grade I gardens are set in Devon’s picturesque Otter Valley. Here you will find historic glasshouses, countryside museum, the Bicton Woodland Railway, nature trail, maze and so much more. Following this visit we re-join the coach and make our way to Sidmouth, where we enjoy free time to explore.
* We enjoy an excursion which takes us to Brixham, one of the busiest fishing ports in the UK but is also a place where you can discover a range of arts and culture. Following some free time here we continue to Dartmouth, situated at the mouth of the River Dart. With its charming historic streets, scenic river location it is one of South Devon’s most popular & enchanting towns.
* On the 6 Day Tour in July: We make our way to Exmouth in time to join our boat to cruise along the oldest working shipping canal in Europe! Exeter Canal is 6 miles long linking Exeter and Exmouth. We travel at a relaxing pace as we sail along the canal admiring the two manually operated docks at Turf Locks and Double Locks as you sit back and enjoy the scenery. As we glide further along we pass through the Countess Weir Swing Bridge and continue to Exeter. Upon arrival in Exeter we enjoy some free time prior to meeting our coach for the journey back to the hotel.
This elegant Torquay hotel is situated in one of the most beautiful parts of Torquay on the English Riviera, sitting majestically on the headland looking out to sea. It is set in two acres of magnificent grounds and offers stunning views across Torbay with numerous coastal walks nearby.
With this in mind, it is hardly surprising that we are Torbay’s highest rated three star hotel.
This property is 6 minutes walk from the beach. Located less than 5 minutes’ walk from Torquay’s seafront, the Derwent Hotel offers family-friendly accommodation with a luxury spa, leisure complex and gym. Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, free Wi-Fi throughout and free parking all feature.
Bright and comfortable bedrooms all feature a private bathroom, TV, telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Most rooms have lift access.
You can enjoy buffet-style breakfasts including full English or continental choices. The Derwent offers contemporary dining in its restaurant, with table d'hôte evening meals, a salad bar and a hot buffet.
Leisure facilities include a sauna, steam room and hot tub and there is also a games area with 10-pin bowling, pool and ping-pong tables and a children’s playground. A daily activities programme includes snorkelling and aerobics. The Starlight Bar hosts vibrant evening entertainment, with a mix of cabaret and live acts.
Set a short walk from the attractive harbour and town centre, the Derwent is within 10-15 minutes’ walk of Torre and Torquay Railway Stations.
This beautifully fully renovated hotel, situated a stones throw from Torquay’s seafront offers a combination of elegant and comfortable accommodation, a fabulous casual fine dining experience, nightly entertainment and an overall place to unwind. Allow our Head Chef, Jamie Rogers and his team push your taste buds to new levels with his selection of innovative and flavoursome foods. After the purchase of the hotel in November 2015, the newly named Belgrave Sands Hotel & Spa finished its £3 Million renovation and opened the doors to our first guests on the 14th of November 2016.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: