Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Italy. A local coach will transfer us to the Hotel Sole Splendid, Maiori, our base for the next 7 nights.
During your holiday, we will enjoy the following excursions:
- A guided walking tour of Maiori, a pleasant seaside town with one of the longest beaches on the Amalfi Coast.
- Scenic drive to visit the town of Sorrento which overlooks the Bay of Naples and offers stunning views over to Mount Vesuvius and the Island of Capri. Sorrento is known for its many churches, the 14th century cathedral and its winding lanes and alleyways.
- Visit to Amalfi and the town of Ravello, famous for its musical festival situated up in the mountains, overlooking the coast from Maiori to Minori.
- Rufolo and its beautiful gardens, which inspired Wagner and from where you can admire one of the best panoramic views on the entire Amalfi coast. Time to visit the ancient cathedral, explore its narrow side streets and sample a ‘gelato’ in the main square.
- Hydrofoil crossing to the Island of Capri, a Mediterranean island renowned for its magical beauty with a mix of history, nature and style, loved by everyone from the Emperor Tiberius to Gracie Fields. Visits include both the towns of Capri and Anacapri. Please note, this excursion may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties.
- Guided tour of Pompeii. Time to marvel at the excavated streets, amphitheatre, villa remains and bath house.
- 1 full free day to explore at your own pace or watch the world go by at a seaside café.
Day 8: Sadly we wave goodbye to the Amalfi Coast. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight to the UK and your Door to Door service home.