'Door to door'
Hidden Coves, dramatic coastlines and rugged uplands all add to the beautiful setting of North Devon and will take your breath away.
Bideford is an attractive town on the west bank of the River Torridge, where the river begins to widen to form the estuary. The old road has a lovely old bridge crossing the Torridge linking the town of Bideford to its neighbouring village East the Water. This impressive, arched stone bridge was built in 1535. The original bridge was built from timber in 1300, and was replaced by a stone bridge in the 15th century. Various adaptations have been made to the bridge throughout the intervening years.
All Dates: Visits to Woolacombe & Ilfracombe
February:Exmoor & Minehead
February: Half-Day in Bideford
May & September: Hartland Village and Hartland Abbey & Gardens
May & September: Dingles Fairground Heritage Centre & free time in Bideford
· On All Dates: An excursion which takes us to the seaside town of Woolacombe where we have chance to explore. With its’ 3 mile stretch of golden sands, great waves and stunning coastal footpath, Woolacombe really does have something for everyone! Families enjoy splashing about in the sea with body boards, building sand castles, playing beach games, exploring the rockpools for marine life, and indulging in icecreams, whilst others stroll along the dramatic coast path, bird watching and seal spotting or surfing the great waves that roll in from the Atlantic. The village itself is lively and offers a wide choice of cafes, pubs, restaurants and a range of shops selling groceries, gifts, clothing. In the afternoon we continue to Ilfracombe, a picturesque harbour town and home to Damien Hirst’s famous 20m high sculpture – Verity.
· On the February Tour: A half day excursion into Bideford.
· On the February Tour: We enjoy an excursion which takes us across Exmoor to the seaside town of Minehead, from beaches to the historic harbour, from shops to pleasure gardens, from golf to a ride on a steam train, we've a wide range of things to do in Minehead. It's a superb destination for all ages seeking a traditional seaside holiday or outdoor and active break.
· On the May & September Tours: We make our way to the delightful village of Hartland with its pottery, furniture makers, artists & craft shops. In the afternoon we make our way to Hartland Abbey & Gardens for our included visit to the House, Gardens & Grounds. Built in 1157 it became the last monastery in the country to be Dissolved by Henry VIII and is now a lived-in family home to the Stucley family.
· On the May & September Tours: We enjoy a visit to Dingles Fairground Heritage Centre, home to the National Fairground Collection, a unique facility in the UK, designed to capture the magic of a bygone age. We return to Bideford for some free time before heading back to the hotel.
Welcome to the Durrant House Hotel, Bideford’s largest and most well equipped luxury hotel. Boasting 125 comfortable bedrooms, a fine dining restaurant, and a luxury salon & spa on site, the Durrant House Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Conveniently located just off of the A39 Atlantic Highway, the Durrant House Hotel enjoys superb views across North Devon’s Taw Estuary towards Instow beach.
Westward Ho!, Appledore, and Bideford town centre are all just a 5 minute drive away, making it the perfect base from which to explore Devon’s glorious rugged coastlines, golden beaches, famous golf courses and lush green countryside. For your convenience, there is plenty of free parking in our hotel carpark, located directly in front of the Hotel.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: