'Door to door'
A lovely tour staying in the heart of Dumfries, as we take in parts of the southwest of Scotland. We also take time to visit Abbotsford House, the home of Sir Walter Scott. Learn about Scott’s life & achievements and wander through the beautiful formal gardens.
· Admission to Threave Gardens
· Visit to Castle Douglas
· New Abbey
· Admission to Abbotsford House & Gardens
· Free Time in Dumfries
· We enjoy a morning drive alongside Loch Ken to Castle Douglas, an 18th century market town. We spend some free time here giving us chance to explore. Later we continue to spectacular Threave Gardens, which consists of 60 acres of individual display gardens set amongst a wooded area.
· We make our way to the pretty village of New Abbey, home to Sweetheart Abbey, the splendid remains of a 13th century Abbey founded by Devorgilla, Lady of Galloway, in memory of her husband. After some free time in New Abbey we continue to the picturesque harbour town of Kirkcudbright. We make our return to the hotel via the Galloway Forest.
· We enjoy our ride out to Abbotsford House for our included visit. Abbotsford House was the home of Sir Walter Scott, created almost 200 years ago on the banks of the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders. Explore the historic house and discover a treasure trove of intriguing objects and unusual artefacts. Following this visit we return to Dumfries, where the rest of the day is at leisure.
The Cairndale Hotel and Leisure Club is ideally situated close to Dumfries town centre and next door to the new DGone Leisure Complex. The hotel boasts a total of 91 letting bedrooms with the majority of rooms having bath and shower. A limited number of ground floor rooms are available as well as a number of rooms with walk in showers.
Recent upgrading has seen the refurbishment of 30 bedrooms in the hotel where the feel is modern and contemporary. Free Wifi is available throughout the hotel. Extensive leisure facilities in the Barracuda Club include a 14m heated indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, hot spa bath and an air conditioned gymnasium which hotel residents enjoy free use of during their stay.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: