'Door to door'
Enjoy the extraordinary history of Traquair House, originally a hunting lodge, and visit the house, grounds, maze, Brewery Shop plus much more. Discover its associations with Mary Queen of Scots, the Catholic faith & the Stuarts. We also visit the magnificent equine sculptures, Kelpies as well as enjoy a ride on The Falkirk Wheel.
· Scotland’s Capital - Edinburgh
· Admission to Traquair House
· Historic Town of Kelso
· View The Kelpies
· A Ride on The Falkirk Wheel
· We make our way to Traquair where we visit Traquair House, Scotland’s Oldest inhabited House. Visited by 27 Scottish Kings & Queens Traquair dates back to 1107 and has been lived in by the Stuart family since 1491. In the afternoon we make our way to the historic town of Kelso, regarded as one of the region’s most charming towns with its cobbled streets, elegant Georgian buildings and French-styled cobbled market square.
· We head towards Falkirk making a stop to view The Kelpies, the world’s largest equine sculptures. Here you’ll find the visitor centre, which is located for an excellent view of these magnificent sculptures and learn more about The Kelpies. Following this visit we make our way to The Falkirk Wheel, where we enjoy a ride on the world’s first rotating boat lift which is used to connect the Forth & Clyde and Union Canals in central Scotland.
· We enjoy a full day visiting the capital of Scotland, Edinburgh. Discover a city like no other, steeped in history, Edinburgh seamlessly blends old & new and has so much to offer visitors with its many attractions as well as excellent shopping.
Nestled in five acres of stunning gardens within the breathtaking countryside of the Scottish Borders, this traditional country house hotel is the perfect setting for a short break or for creating memories to last a lifetime. Built in 1914, and celebrating its centenary year, it has retained a respectful eye toward the grandeur and charm of the past, while also embracing the conveniences of the modern age. Throughout Tinto Hotel, stunning architectural details, such as the majestic sweeping staircase with ornate stained-glass windows, and remarkable period pieces, like the penny farthing bicycle and grandfather clock, sit comfortably beside the numerous touches of tasteful modernisation. Relax and enjoy the appealing ambience of a bygone era and comforted by the convenience of the most up-to-date amenities
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: