Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Crete. A local coach will transfer us to the Silva Beach Hotel, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay on Crete, the following excursions will be included:
- Boat trip from Elounda in the east, to Spinalonga, a small island located at the entrance of Elounda Lagoon. Spinalonga’s history varies from being a Venetian fortress to the last leper colony in Europe but retains a natural beauty and offers views across the whole landscape.
- The picturesque town of Agios Nikolaos, wrapped around its harbour-lagoon
- Tour of the Minoan Palace of Knossos and wine tasting at a local winery.
- Heraklion, the capital of Crete and visit to the Archeological Museum.
- Visit Chania town, regarded as ‘Venice of the East’ and not unjustly, as the most beautiful city in Greece.
- Excursion to the town of Rethymno which maintains its Venetian and Ottoman grandeur and the largest fortress in Crete, the majestic Fortezza.
- Tour to Lassithi Plateau and Krassi Village. This Plateau lies 850 metres above sea level in the Dikti mountain range in the Eastern part of the island.
- 2 full days and 2 half days at leisure to enjoy the hotels’ facilities or further sightseeing at your own pace.
Day 8: Today we leave Crete. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.